Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kayaking in Louisiana

It has been some time since my last posting. As the winter of 2011 came and went I had a number of significant changes take place. In February of 2012 I changed my place of work from NE Ohio to Louisiana's Gulf Coast. 

They say that Louisiana is a "sportsman's paradise" and after spending only 5 months here I can truly appreciate their claim. From the blue water off shore to the bayous, marshes and swamps, this place is very diverse and its beauty is beyond words and something that has to be experienced to appreciate.

Bringing my kayak down with me from Ohio has enabled me to venture off of the pavement and I have seen some very nice places. Here are just a few pics of the fun I've been having.


I had scouted this lake on google earth, unfortunately the only launch point that wasn't posted with no trespassing signs was impeded by a carpet of moss about 200 yard which I wasn't about to try to paddle through. Just look at that lake beyond the moss, amazing! I can't believe people would try to keep that all privately to themselves. THANKS!

When laying pipeline through the swamps they will lay these temporary roads down made of wood. Pretty cool driving on a floating road through the swamp!

After a number of being defeated by my worst hated signs (No Trespassing/Private Property), I actually came across a place that shared my opinion on public access to private property. "Clean... Share"

The Calcasieu river as it heads down to Lake Charles


The colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment