Thursday, June 21, 2012

First out and back MTB ride in Utah!

 I set out from the house to ride the Bonneville Shoreline Trail from North Ogden to the 12th St Canyon. It was my first full out and back ride since I've had my bike in Utah. It was an excellent day and perfect time of day for a nice ride. Having a trail system accessible from my house without the need to haul it to a trail head is priceless!


Some super sweet flowy singletrack sections accounted for about half of the trail
Nice shade spot under a cedar

Driving on top of the canal that runs from Pineview Reservoir all the way to Brigham City

The first/last couple of miles are beyond technical, at least by my standards

The literal fear of having severe injury or even death as a result of one wrong move takes mountain biking to a whole new level for me. There are sections that simply must be walked, and many that require super safe conservative riding, speed is not a factor on these sections. Yikes!

I went down twice today and have some pretty significant superficial flesh wounds, I'll spare you any pictures. The first, I was trying to get a little air off the end of the concrete canal, second my front tire slid right off the trail and I went down hard on the very same elbow, wrist, and knee. But thanks to my sweetheart I'm all bandaged up and expect to make a full recovery. :) Thankfully no injuries to report. I will be investing in some armor here soon.

It was a nice 15.3 miles with 1611 ft of elevation change. Just right for my first time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment