Sunday, July 17, 2011

West Branch SP, MTB

For my next ride I headed off to West Branch State Park which is about an hour's drive east of me. This place is amazing. I wasn't expecting much as it seemed to be pretty flat out there but the trails have enough elevation to keep it fun. The part I rode runs along the shore line of Michael J Kirwan Reservoir for a few miles. There's still much to explore out there but this route took me about an hour.






 The trail hugs the shore line so there are a lot of inlets like this with wooden bridges over the creeks leading in to them.

Ferns on the forest floor in the afternoon sun


About a half mile in I saw a sweet tree root to jump off but landed a little off kilter and proceeded to kareen off the trail down in to the briars, fortunately bailing off and staying up on my feet. I feel this is going to get dangerous hehehe.

  
Low light blurry pic, but cool windy bridges


It was a nice afternoon ride which I would like to have gone on further but it started to get dark and I had a straight shot back to the car. I'll be going back there soon. Maybe for a Kayaking/Fishing/Biking campout!


Family, I wish you guys were here, there's a lot of fun to be had in beautiful NE Ohio! I can't wait to share it with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment