Monday, June 20, 2011

Leesville Lake

I woke up early today and spent a few hours trying to decide where to pack up and venture off to. After looking at half a dozen good lakes I picked this one because it is south east and gets into the hilly area of NE Ohio towards West Virginia.





It only takes 1+45 to get there from My place. Although the skies were a bit gloomy the sun managed to appear now and again, enough to remind me I need sunblock! This is by far the nicest lake I've been to here in Ohio yet.



The water was nice and green and relatively clear with about 5-7 feet of visibility in most places. The old hard wood trees that line the sides of the lake made me feel like I was in the north western part of the country instead of the east. They are tall tall trees with a lot of song birds living in them.



Great blue heron standing on a tree limb. I have seen more of these birds here in Ohio than anywhere I've been.











A fun swimming area at one of the camps on the lake. There's also a zip line that drops you into the water.





After a number of small bluegills and sunfish I was surprised to see this baby largemouth bass on the end of the line. Hopefully these will be getting bigger on the end of my line.



I hope to make it back to this one some day but with so many to explore I can't say how soon that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment